"SAVE THE DATE"
Tweet treats ... and all that jazz!
• An event to benefit homeless birds, fund architectural studies and grow our community garden
• Co-sponsored by Pasadena Community Gardens and the Pasadena & Foothills Chapter of the American Institute of Architects
When: Saturday, October 4, 2014
Time: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Where: Pasadena Community Gardens
721 S. Pasadena Ave. Pasadena
• An AIA-PF-sponsored bird-house building competition. Entry divisions to include architects, individuals, families and children. For more information visit the AIA-PF website.
• A silent auction of many of the birdhouses
• Savory hot dogs courtesy of the Pasadena Fire Department’s grill team
• Fruit and cookies courtesy of Arroyo | Whole Foods
• Cool and garden-friendly jazz from an ensemble of local professional musicians
• A raffle and PCG wish list tree
Proceeds from the event will help support:
• The garden’s entrance beautification project and education fund
• The AIA-PF's young architects education scholarship fund
For information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Pasadena Community Gardens is dedicated to developing community gardens in Pasadena so residents can:
- Plant vegetables, fruits and flowers
- Transform abandoned, vacant properties into attractive and beneficial edible community gardens
- Learn about the benefits of sustainable, eco-friendly gardening and preservation of these gardens for generations to come
- Participate in educational opportunities that promote health and well-being